Chronicles random points of time in the life of the writer. Includes lots of photos of skiing and biking. (Plus Occasional Political Stuff)

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Iran a pipe a bear and a stair

Had an interesting student today. She was a software engineer who learned to ski in Iran when she was 8 years old. Anyway she turned out to be a level 8 skier which allowed me to escape the beginners bowl and ski the backside. I hadn't even realized that they had a ski industry in Iran. She told me how the women dressed in stylish ski outfits that met the severe dress codes imposed by the mullahs.

There was a lot of action at Northstar today with the Vans Tahoe Cup Competition going on and all the snowboarders flying around in the halfpipe.



Shortly after I arrived home Sam made a big ruckus and wanted to go outside and since I couldn't find my shoes fast enough I sent Wallace out to see what was going on. Well he came back in pretty fast to report that there was a hellava big bear tearing down the door to my garbage shed. Here is the result of the bears efforts.



Well my tile guy Bob Fuss started work tearing out the carpets on my stairs and lower entry hall. Soon this area will be covered with slate tiles. I'll keep you posted on the progress. This is what it looks like tonight.



Don't have to work tomorrow so I'm planning to meet Sue Hoxie at ski school in the morning and do so free skiing.
Andy Bavetta

No comments: