Chronicles random points of time in the life of the writer. Includes lots of photos of skiing and biking. (Plus Occasional Political Stuff)

Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2005

Riding the Wildflower

Rode the Chico Wildflower century on Sunday with Robert and Wallace. A lot of other folks from Truckee were also on the ride including Bonnie, Leeds, Kelly and a bunch of folks from Northstar (Chico Wildflower). Forgot to take my camera on the bike so most of these photos are from Roberts new camera phone. Drove down to Roberts house in Davis for his birthday celebration on Saturday afternoon. Had to get up early Sunday morning to drive the 2 hours up to Chico.

This how my watch looked to me early Sunday morning.


Me at a rest stop.


Me.


Covered bridge


Wallace and I


Wallace


Robert


Lenny and Denny


Me


Steve (Kellys friend from Sacramento) and Kelly at the post ride dinner. Kelly was happy as it was all veggie! Saurday was also Kelly's birthday.


Robert, Wallace and I after the ride.


We took a shortcut home cutting the ride short at 72 miles with some 4200 feet of climbing. Not too bad for the first ride of the year!

Oh yeah, one sad note. Near the end of the ride I screeched to a stop to answer a bystanders question and Robert piled into me and some other lady crashed into him. I emerged unscathed but Robert had a bent wheel and may have tweaked his back. I think the other lady was OK although she was shook up.

Andy Bavetta

No comments: