Chronicles random points of time in the life of the writer. Includes lots of photos of skiing and biking. (Plus Occasional Political Stuff)

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Carson City Kingsbury Grade and Vintage Plane

Saw this article in the Reno paper this morning (SeaPlane) Since I was going to ride to Carson City this morning to get the 1000 mile service done on the Harley I thought I would keep an eye out for the airplane on the trip. Didn't take any pictures on the ride down it was way too cold at 8:30AM and my hands nearly froze. Had lunch with Steve Jackson and his SO Colene while I was waiting for the motorcycle to be serviced. On the way back to Tahoe I rode through Genoa and over the Kingsbury Grade into South Shore.

Genoa


Cave Rock


Had heated handgrips put on at the dealer. Much warmer on the ride home.


Stopped at the Truckee Airport to see if the flying boat was there by chance.


Turned out it was there and they were just starting the engines so I got to see it take off. Pretty cool!




Andy Bavetta

No comments: