Chronicles random points of time in the life of the writer. Includes lots of photos of skiing and biking. (Plus Occasional Political Stuff)

Search This Blog

Monday, October 03, 2005

Cycle Oregon - Day 6

Day 4 ride was from Champoeg to Vernonia (Day 6 Map).

It rained on us on Day 6. Spent an hour during a rain shower having ice cream and coffee at the Log Cabin Restaurant where I chatted with a group of folks from Hood River Oregon.



This is the town of Vernonia with the left arm of Elaine, a gal I met on the road late this day shown in the lower right foreground of the picture.


For an extra $250 CO would set up a tent for you each afternoon and deliver your luggage to it. In the morning they would pack up the tent and deliver your luggage to the truck. Here is a view of "Tent City" where all that would happen.


This was the view from the area where I pictched my tent. Less regimated, with more space, but I had to do the setup work. Although on this day as I recall Alyce sagged and thus beat me into camp and snagged my duffle bag and a camp site for me, thank you very much.


Andy Bavetta

No comments: