Chronicles random points of time in the life of the writer. Includes lots of photos of skiing and biking. (Plus Occasional Political Stuff)

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Plastic Reconstructive Surgery

I had some plastic surgery done at Stanford Hospital on Thursday to try and fix my upper lip which I had pretty badly dinged up last November during a fall I had riding down Haleakala on Maui. (The Crash) Well at the moment I'm feeling pretty beat up with my whole face and especially my upper lip swollen. While he was at it Dr Peter Lorenz cut away some of the scar tissue on my left forehead which resulted from the same crash. The lip surgery required a skin graft. They took the skin from my cheek just in front of my ear for the graft. Just to even things out they also took a pinch away from the other side of my face. So maybe I'll be even better looking with the resulting "facelift". The stiches are scheduled to come out next Tuesday. The Dr informed me that "after the surgery" that the success rate in skin grafts like mine is about 70 or 80%.

This is how I looked as of 2:30PM this afternoon.


Andy Bavetta

No comments: